These Vegan and Gluten-free Chocolate Mousse Oat Cups are a delicious and incredibly healthy treat! Oats, almonds, tofu, chocolate and cocoa powder are some of the ingredients that make them so rich and chocolatey!
I don’t know about you but I’m not a big fun of those recipes that require much planning and cooking in advance. I need simple and quick recipes that, if possible, can be ready in less than an hour. So, if you are anything like me, you are going to love this recipe.
How to make baked oat cups
Since the butter is ready in a few minutes, I first heat the oven. Set it to 300°F. Then you can either spray a 12-cup regular muffin pan with cooking spray or line with baking cups. Note that I used a slightly smaller muffin pan this time, so you may get 8 cups instead of the 9 with the same amount of batter.
Place the ingredients for the oat cups in a food processor and process until the almonds resemble the mixture resembles coarse sand.
Divide mixture evenly among muffin cups. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or just until set. Let cool down on a wire rack.
How to make vegan mousse
Start by breaking the chocolate into the bowl and melt it using your favorite method. I usually melt it in the microwave, as I explain you bellow. Then, set aside to cool slightly.
Add the remaining ingredients into a food processor or blender and pulse for a few seconds. Scrape down the sides with a spatula, then pulse again to combine.
Pour in the cooled chocolate, then pulse a final time until creamy and smooth.
Vegan Chocolate Mousse Oat Cups
For the Oat Cup Crust:
- 1 +⅓ cups raw almonds
- 1 +¼ cups fine oats
- ⅓ cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup vegetable fat
- ¼ cup vegetable milk
For the Vegan Chocolate Mousse:
- 1 cup silken tofu
- 9 oz dairy-free chocolate
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- ½ cup vegetable fat
To make the oat cup crust:
- Preheat the oven to 300℉ and grease a mini muffin pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- Blend all the crust ingredients in a food processor until it gathers and sticks together a bit.
- Scoop the mixture into the pan and press into the bottom and sides of each cupcake cavity.
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes, then set aside to cool.
To make the mousse:
- Break up the chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted and smooth, about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds with a rubber spatula. Do not over heat as chocolate burns easily. Let it cool down.
- Add the tofu to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate into the food processor and add in the cacao powder and the vegetable fat. Blend until creamy. Let it cool.
- Pour the mousse into the cooled cups. Enjoy!
More tartlets from Simple Green Recipes:
More chocolate recipes from favorite blogs:
Chocolate Pumpkin Pie from Vegan Richa