Super soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies loaded with melty chocolate chips and warm fall spices. A quick and easy treat ready to eat in less than 30 minutes!
What are Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies?
These vegan cookies are the healthy version of a classic favorite. Delicious chocolate chip cookies made with roasted pumpkin and flavored with a blend of ground cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves.
For those who have just started baking vegan, I can say that these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are one of the easiest cookies to make. They’re ready to bake in 10 minutes and ready to eat in less than half an hour. You can either roast the pumpkin or use store-bought pumpkin puree. Oh, and you basically need one bowl and a few healthy ingredients for this recipe.
- Pumpkin puree: Homemade pumpkin puree has a sweeter and more delicate flavor than canned. I normally make my own the day before I’m planning to make the cookies. Canned pumpkin puree is the perfect alternative for a quicker recipe though.
- Dairy-free butter: I used margarine. Any plant based butter will work great for this recipe. I haven’t tried to make them with coconut oil, if you do it, make sure the oil is not melted.
- Cane sugar: cane sugar or brown sugar are great for this recipe.
- Flour: All-purpose normal flour is what is used for this recipe. If you would like to make it, gluten-free you can use oat flour (certified gluten-free), and they will come out great too.
- Baking powder: With the addition of baking powder, you get fluffier and softer cookies.
- Baking soda: It serves to lift your cookies during baking.
- Pumpkin pie spice: It’s basically a combination of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves, that gives that characteristic flavor to fall recipes.
How to make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Full instructions and measurements can always be found in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is just a summary of the process.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF / 175º C and line a cookie sheet for easy clean up.
- In a large bowl, mix the pumpkin puree, butter and vanilla. Stir until combined.
- Mix in the dry ingredients, except the chocolate chips. Mix well. Fold the chocolate chips and stir until everything is well combined.
- Scoop the dough into balls and bake them for 12 minutes. Let them cool.
Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup dairy-free butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ⅔ cup chocolate chips plus more to top the cookies
- First, preheat the oven to 350ºF / 175º C and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, butter and vanilla. Beat until well mixed.
- Mix in the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar and the spices. Whisk until the dry ingredients have incorporated into the wet ingredients and the mixture is smooth. This will take 1 or 2 minutes.
- Fold the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Scoop the dough into balls onto the prepared sheets, keeping them about 2 inches apart.
- Place in the oven and bake them for 10 to 12 minutes (don’t over bake), until cooked on the edges but still soft in the center. Press the extra chocolate chips on top of warm cookies.
- Let them sit on the cookie sheet for 15 minutes. They will firm up during that time. Transfer them to a cooling rack.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
If you liked this recipe don’t forget to Pin and share with your friends!
Did you make this recipe? Tag @simplegreenrecipes on Instagram
More vegan treats from favorite blogs:
Vegan Pumpkin Pie Bars by Vegan Richa