This Vegan Peach Galette is made with an easy vegan coconut oil crust and a delicious juicy peach filling. If you’ve never made a galette before, you are missing out! It’s like an easier version of a pie. It requires less effort and comes together in less than 20 minutes.
If you’re on a hunt for fruit tarts, you can also try the Apple Galette (Vegan & Gluten-free), the Vegan Apple Tarte Tatin or the Peach Raspberry Galette (vegan & gluten-free).
I’ve made at least a dozen of galettes so far but not always using the same type of crust. And I have to say that I love how this vegan coconut oil crust turned out. It’s easy to work with and such a forgiving pastry! If you are just new to vegan baking, this vegan peach galette is perfect for you.
Tips for making the perfect vegan peach galette
- Galette can be a little leaky sometimes. The trick is to roll the dough around ⅛ thick or just slightly thicker. If the dough is too thick, the crust will be too small to allow the filling to be spread evenly. But the dough shouldn’t be too thin either or it will easily break when you fold the edges to form the galette.
- Use solid coconut oil. The consistency of the coconut oil is key in this recipe. If it’s too liquid, the crust can be difficult to work with. You can place the jar in the fridge until it is completely solid.
- Vegan coconut oil crust doesn’t need any chilling time. You can make it, roll it, and bake it, without having to chill the crust before filling it. Although, if your kitchen is really warm, I recommend chilling the dough in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- Slice the fruit thinly. The average baking time for a galette is around 30 minutes. Thinly slicing the fruit helps ensure the filling bakes at the same time as the crust.
- Let it cool on a cooling rack. If you’re not in a hurry, transfer the galette to a cooling rack, this will allow air to circulate underneath and prevent the crust from turning soggy.
Vegan Peach Galette (vegan, gluten-free & refined sugar-free)
For the Crust:
- 6 tablespoons plant-based milk soy milk, oat milk, almond milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil solid
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 +¼ cups GF all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon table salt
For the Filling:
- ¼ cup peach jam
- 2 large peaches sliced thinly (1 pound of pitted peaches)
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- pinch of salt
For the Glaze:
- 2 tablespoons peach jam
For the Crust:
- To make the pastry, place all the ingredients into the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Mix until combined.
- Create a ball with the mixture and place it between two sheets of floured parchment paper. Roll your dough out to around 12 inches wide and between ⅛ – ¼ inch thickness.
- Place the parchment paper with the crust on a baking sheet and set aside. If it's truly hot in your kitchen, let the crust chill in the fridge until the filling is ready.
For the Filling:
- Heat the oven to 400F (200ºC). Meanwhile, prepare the filling: cut the peaches into ¼ of inch slices. In a large bowl, stir the peaches, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and salt until combined. Set filling aside to rest as the oven preheats.
- Remove the crust from the fridge. Spread the peach jam evenly over the crust with the back of a spoon. Spoon the filling and the juices onto the jam layer and carefully fold up the edges of the dough (1 ½ to 2 inches), overlapping the dough to enclose the filling and make a free-form tart. The important part is really to avoid any cracks so the filling doesn't leak during baking.
- Brush some peach jam thinned with a little bit of water over the crust and fruit to give them a nice shine. The glaze prevents the fruit from drying out and helps to retain its texture.
- Bake it for about 30 minutes or until de crust is golden brown. Remove from the oven and let it cool before serving with ice cream or coconut whipped cream. Enjoy!
More fruit tarts from Simple Green Recipes:
Peach Raspberry Galette (Vegan & Gluten-free)
This dessert is amazing! I made it for my daughter’s tea party last week and everyone loved it. Definitely making this peach galette again! Thank you for a wonderful recipe!
You’re welcome, Alexis! So happy to hear everyone loved it! I appreciate your feed back!❤️
I am definitely missing out because I haven’t made a galette before. But now I plan on making one because you made a compelling case. I love the look and texture of your peach galette, looks so delicious. Thanks for sharing!
Hi, Fred! You’ll love it. It’s decadent enough to be dessert but healthy enough to be breakfast or snack. Thanks for commenting!
I’ve been looking for a vegan crust and this one is delicious! Your tart is so beautiful too!
Thanks so much, Sophia! Glad you enjoyed it ❤️
Wow! This peach galette looks STUNNING and I love that it is both vegan and gluten free. This will be the perfect dessert to serve to my family for our next gathering. Thanks for the lovely recipe.
Michelle, I’m super glad to hear that you love it! Thank you for letting me know ❤️
Galette id one of my favorite desserts to make and I am glad to find a vegan version using coconut oil. The whole recipe is so easy with a beautiful outcome. Thanks for sharing!
You’re so welcome, Jere! Thank you so much for sharing and following along with me. XO
This looks absolutely amazing! So pretty, delicious and so easy to make, what’s not to love?
Hi, Petro. I’m so glad you are loving my peach galette! Thanks for sharing your review and comment!
That is one gorgeous galette! I’ve made fruit galettes before but never peach. And, I have peaches to use up so I will definitely be making this dessert today!
I know you will love this super easy peach galette. Let me know how it turns out for you!
This peach galette was so sweet, juicy and delicious. I couldn’t believe how easy it was to make too! Thank you for sharing the recipe.
Thank you so much, Lucy! Yes, it’s super easy, one of our favorite summer desserts. I’m super excited to hear that you loved it too!
This galette is delicious! Perfect amount of sweetness and the best use for my last couple peaches! So good!
Hi, Meryl! Thank you so much! I am beyond happy to read your positive review. XO
Made this last weekend and it was delicious! One of my favourite desserts of yours so far, even though we have loved everything! Keep up the good work and we always look forward to your new recipes!
Hi, Malika! This recipe is a beloved favorite here, I make it several times a year. Thank you for sharing your experience. It means the world to me! ❤️
Absolutely stunning! Thanks for sharing this recipe 🙂
You’re welcome, Aleisha. Glad you enjoy it!
This peach gallette is beautiful! I love peaches and can’t wait to make this!
Hi, Kayla. I’m so glad you are loving my cake! I would love to hear how it worked out for you ❤️
Great recipe! I love all the useful tips for success!
Hope you will love it as much as we do! Thanks so much, Holly!
Absolutely adore galettes. Mine are always rather rough and ready, yours looks beautiful. Really excited by your vegan and gf pastry and can’t wait to give it a try.
Hi, Choclette! Thank you so much! I am beyond happy to read your positive review. XO