Vegan Apple Tarte Tatin is one of my favorite French tarts. Haven’t you tried it yet? Oh, you’re missing out! It’s fruity, caramelized, rustic and so easy to make!
Vegan Apple Tarte Tatin
It’s not by chance that’s one of the most widely-known French desserts. It’s a comforting upside-down apple tart, filled with caramelized apples and covered with a pastry crust. And the best part is that no matter how it comes out as it always tastes like heaven!
Ingredients for the Vegan Apple Tarte Tatin
Just five ingredients is what you need to make this vegan apple tart:
- Crust. I’ve used a ready made vegan puff pastry but feel free to use your go-to pie crust here, it will work great too. I’ve made this tart with both, pie and puff pastry, and I prefer the puff pastry base, I love its thin crisp flakes.
- Apples. As to the apples, Granny Smith, Golden Delicious and Braeburn are good choices, as well as the Gala variety, the one I used this time. I tend to cook with what I have on hand, but a good rule of thumb is to use a sweet and firm apple.
- Cinnamon. Such a warm and fragant spice! This spice it’s an staple in my kitchen and my baking. Don’t skip it, it just pairs perfectly with the caramel and the apples.
- Vegan butter. Use your favorite non-dairy butter brand. Luckily, nowadays there is almost a plant-based butter option for everyone.
- Sugar. You can use cane sugar, brown sugar, beet sugar, coconut sugar or other unrefined sugar you like.
If you liked this recipe don’t forget to Pin and share with your friends!
Did you make this recipe? Tag @simplegreenrecipes on Instagram
Looking for more vegan tarts from Simple Green Recipes?
More tart recipes from favorite blogs:
Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake from Vegan Richa