Cherries, Kiwi and Chocolate chunks on my favourite toasted sourdough and on a bed of vegan cream cheese makes for a perfect summer snacks. Not feeling like cooking? Then you can add a bunch of seeds of your choice on top of the fruit and you will get a quick lunch. Seeds contain high levels of proteins, vitamins and minerals. Sesame, sunflower or pumpkin seeds work great here.
In my house, one plate meal is quite common, specially at lunch time since I don’t have much time to cook. And these Cherry & Kiwi Toasts are perfect when I am in a hurry but still want to eat something tasty. Tasty and healthy, needles to say. Specially because of the inviting layer of vegan cream cheese that hides underneath the juicy fresh fruit.
Cherries together with berries are my favorite summer food. Cherry season is quite long here so I have plenty of time to enjoy it and think of new recipes to make with this small, round and deep red fruit. You are going to find quite a few here.
And why vegan cream cheese, you may think, when the traditional dairy cheese we have all come to know and love (me included) tastes pretty good too? I do not have any dairy allergy but, like you, I think food must mostly nourish you (besides being fun, colorful and delicious 😉). I normally use store bought cream cheese but I can’t wait to try and make my own!
Have you got a vegan cream cheese recipe you love? Feel free to share in the comments section bellow!
- 3 slices of bread of your choice
- 3 tablespoons vegan cream cheese (feel free to add more if you prefer a thicker a layer)
- 2 cups halved cherries
- 1 sliced kiwi
- 3 teaspoons chocolate chunks
- Cut three slices of bread.
- Toast the bread slices until they are just light golden brown. Do not toast them too dark, I have found that they hold their toppings best.
- Spread 1 tbsp of cream cheese onto each toast.
- Rinse the cherries with cool water, pat them dry, and remove their stems. Use a sharp knife to cut the cherry all the way around from top to bottom, then twist the two halves apart. Use your knife to remove the cherry pit.
- Place the halved cherries onto two of the toasts.
- Slice the kiwi and top the third toast with it.
- Top the toasts with a small handful of chocolate chunks.
Looking for more vegan breakfast from Simple Green Recipes?
More toasts ideas from favorite blogs:
Vegan toast party by Best of Vegan