The only thing better than bagels are vegan bagels loaded with preserved peaches and juicy fresh strawberries right from the farmer’s market. I never eat a bagel plain, do you? Do not get me wrong, I do not mean I would not eat them straight from the bag when they are still warm and super crunchy…
… but why to eat them plain when you can top them with an endless combination of tasty things, sweet or savory, or even lightly toast them so the toppings gently melt into the bagel. I have some favorite savory toppings, will share them with you soon. 😉
I did not toast the bagels this time, I preferred them just a bit warm so their doughy center is still soft. You can try both ways and see which one you like the most. As to the sweet toppings, fruit and jam pair incredibly well. If you are looking for a vegan and/or gluten free breakfast, do not look no more, you can’t go wrong with this vegan bagels.
Before anything else, I always put either cream cheese, peanut butter or, at the very east, butter on my bagels. For this combo, I used vegan cream cheese. I have tried a couple of store brands and they do it for me. I love making things from scratch but just do not always have the time to do so store bought cream cheese works perfectly.
On top of the cream cheese, any fruit of your choice goes well. But frankly, fresh fruit paired with some preserved fruit, a spoon full of jam and handful of chocolate chunks makes wonders here.
Vegan Bagels with Strawberries & Preserved Peaches
- 2 bagels
- 2 tablespoon vegan cream cheese
- 2 teaspoon organic cherry or peach jam
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 ½ preserved peaches sliced
- 1 handful red currants
- 2 teaspoon chocolate chunks
- Cut the bagel in half at its crease.
- Spread 1 tbsp of cream cheese onto each bagel half.
- Spread 1tsp of cherry or peach jam on top of the cream cheese.
- Slice the strawberries and top half the bagels with them.
- Slice the peaches and place them around the strawberries.
- Top with a small handful of red currants and chocolate chunks.
Looking for more vegan breakfast from Simple Green Recipes?
Gluten Free Vegan Poppy Seed Pancakes
Easy Vegan Gluten-Free Waffles
More bagel recipes from favorite blogs:
Jalapeño Popper Bagels from Delish.com (by Lena Abraham)
Leave a Comment