Looking for a waffles recipe that is ready under 30 minutes and requires just 6 ingredients? Then, you are at the right place. These Easy Vegan Gluten-Free Waffles are quick and easy to make, they are completely vegan and gluten free, naturally sweetened and taste freaking delicious. Trust me, you are going to love them. They are crispy enough, tender on the inside and not too sweet.
If you follow me on Instagram, you will problably know that I have been loving this vegan gluten free waffles and that they have been one of the most liked and commented posts on my IG account. Clearly, a non-messy recipe is a winner but the toppings you choose are equally important and may end up being the star of the show.
To top those waffles, I chose a creamy yogurt – one of my favorite toppings together with jam-, fresh fruit – frozen berries work great here too -, nuts – who can resist the crunchiness of toasted nuts? And to finish up, a good drizzle of maple syrup.
Anyway, this simple base really is a go-to recipe that you can then dress up as you please. Some bloggers would tell you these are life- changing. But I am just going to tell you this: those vegan gluten free waffles make the perfect lazy weekend breakfast.
If you do give them a try, be sure to take a picture and tag it #simplegreenrecipes on Instagram! I absolutely love seeing what you ladies and gents cook up. Cheers!
- For the Waffes:
- 1 ¼ gluten free flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ¼ cup almond milk
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup agave syrup
- For the toppings:
- 1 coconut yogurt
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 apple, sliced
- ¼ cup crashed almonds
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, about 20 seconds.
- Scoop about ¼ cup of batter into each waffle mold and cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Time will vary depending on your waffle maker.
- Top with your favorite toppings. I used coconut yogurt, blackberries, apple and almonds.
- Drizzle with maple syrup all over your waffles and enjoy!
Looking for more vegan/gluten-free waffles from Simple Green Recipes?