These Gluten-free Vegan Poppy Seed Pancakes are the perfect treat for a delightful breakfast or brunch. They are healthy, quick and so easy to make!
And the best part is that this recipe is gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free and also sugar-free. Oh and needles to say, super delicious, specially if you top it with silky coconut yogurt, low-calorie blueberries and yummy maple syrup, as I did with those pancakes.
Who wouldn’t love waking up to a warm stack of those? This definitely sounds like heaven on earth to me! One of the fastest ways to get my family out of bed on a Sunday morning😉.
I’ve made quite a few batches of pancakes since I first tried making them, always from scratch. The idea of making homemade pancakes can be a little intimidating though. A pre-mixed box of pancake ingredients is definitely useful at times, but there’s nothing like homemade. Here are some tips for making the best pancakes from scratch.
- For the pancakes:
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 flaxseed eggs (or 2 chicken eggs for those just looking for a gluten-free recipe)
- 1 cup oat flour⠀
- ¼ cup coconut yogurt⠀
- ½ tablespoon baking powder ⠀
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- For the toppings:
- ½ cup coconut yogurt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Whisk together the flax and water and set aside to gel.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and poppy seeds in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine together the flax eggs, mashed bananas and coconut yogurt, whisking until well mixed. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix until a smooth batter forms.
- Heat your skillet to medium-hot and grease it with a bit of butter.
- Pour batter to the pan in ¼ cup measures.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until mixture starts to bubble. Turn and cook on other side for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve warm with fresh berries, a dollop of coconut yogurt and a tablespoon of maple syrup.
Looking for more vegan breakfast from Simple Green Recipes?
More pancake recipes from favorite blogs:
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes from sally’s baking addiction