These Gluten-free Vegan Poppy Seed Pancakes are the perfect treat for a delightful breakfast or brunch. They are healthy, quick and so easy to make!
And the best part is that this recipe is gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free and also sugar-free. Oh and needles to say, super delicious, specially if you top it with silky coconut yogurt, low-calorie blueberries and yummy maple syrup, as I did with those pancakes.
Who wouldn’t love waking up to a warm stack of those? This definitely sounds like heaven on earth to me! One of the fastest ways to get my family out of bed on a Sunday morning😉.
I’ve made quite a few batches of pancakes since I first tried making them, always from scratch. The idea of making homemade pancakes can be a little intimidating though. A pre-mixed box of pancake ingredients is definitely useful at times, but there’s nothing like homemade. Here are some tips for making the best pancakes from scratch.
Gluten Free Vegan Poppy Seed Pancakes
- For the pancakes:
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 2 flaxseed eggs or 2 chicken eggs for those just looking for a gluten-free recipe
- 1 cup oat flour⠀
- ¼ cup coconut yogurt⠀
- ½ tablespoon baking powder ⠀
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- For the toppings:
- ½ cup coconut yogurt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Whisk together the flax and water and set aside to gel.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and poppy seeds in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine together the flax eggs, mashed bananas and coconut yogurt, whisking until well mixed. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix until a smooth batter forms.
- Heat your skillet to medium-hot and grease it with a bit of butter.
- Pour batter to the pan in ¼ cup measures.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until mixture starts to bubble. Turn and cook on other side for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve warm with fresh berries, a dollop of coconut yogurt and a tablespoon of maple syrup.