This Vegan Raspberry Coconut Ice Cream is super quick and easy to make, the real cherry on top of this ice cream is that this is healthy frozen yogurt. So we are talking a dessert that takes minutes to make, is totally personalized in flavor and is so good for that bikini body!
Feeling like making a dessert but it’s so hot that you don’t even dare to turn on the oven? I can hear you. One of my best investments three years ago by this time was an ice cream maker. If you don’t have it you must hurry and get yourself one. You don’t need anything fancy or expensive. And once you try making homemade ice cream, you won’t be able to stop!
Tips for the perfect Vegan Raspberry Coconut Ice Cream
Freeze the freezing container for about 24 hours. What I do recently is to store the bowl of my ice cream maker in the freezer. That way is always ready when I need it.
For creamier ice cream. If looking for an icing with a creamier consistency, try to swap some coconut yogurt for coconut cream (the solid part in the coconut milk once is refrigerated). Start by substituting ½ cup yogurt for ½ cup coconut cream. Adjust until you find the right consistency for you.
Use a solid sweetener. You can always use maple or agave syrup to sweeten the ice cream. However, a solid sweetener like the one in this recipe, prevents the ice cream from being too icy.
Be careful not to overfill your ice cream maker. To get the bests results, fill the your ice cream maker no more than two-thirds full to allow room for expansion.
Shallow, flat containers are best for freezing and storing ice cream. Low and rectangular containers help to to get an even consistency.
Store it properly. Store your ice cream covered so it does not absorb flavors from other foods.
Vegan Raspberry Coconut Ice Cream
For the Biscuit Base
- 10 ounces cookies
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- ¼ cup plant-based butter
For the Ice Cream
- 1 liter coconut yogurt
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- ½ cup icing sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla powder
- To make the biscuit base, place the cookies, icing sugar and butter in a food processor and process for 1 minute or until the mixture is finely chopped and sticks together.
- Using the back of a spoon, firmly press the mixture into a lightly greased 10cm x 20cm loaf pan lined with non-stick baking paper, and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- While the base is setting, place half the raspberries, half the icing sugar and vanilla powder in a bowl and crush with a fork to form a purée. Set aside.
- Place the yogurt and remaining icing sugar in a bowl of an stand mixer and beat until just combined. Pour the mixture into your chilled ice cream maker and churn until creamy and thick. Add half the raspberry pureé just at the end of churning, to create a ripple effect.
- Remove the base from the freezer and transfer the yogurt ice cream to the prepared tin. Spread evenly and swirl through the remaining raspberry purée. Top with the rest of the frozen raspberries.
- Cover securely and freeze for 3-4 hours or until firm. Cut into bars and serve immediately. Makes 8 servings.
More summer desserts from Simple Green Recipes:
Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches
More frozen desserts from favorite blogs:
Vegan Pistachio Ice Cream from Feasting On Fruit
Leave a Comment