This Chocolate Chia Pudding is absolutely mouth-watering and healthy. It’s made with layers of chia pudding, fresh cherries and delicious vegan chocolate ice cream.
If you haven’t yet, you have to try chia pudding, best thing ever! It’s easy to make, super tasty and filling, and a little goes a long way. Give it a go, you won’t regret it. I have added some tips bellow in case you feel creative with your toppings 😉
Tips to get the perfect chia pudding
How to scale the recipe. If you would like to increase the quantity, just remember this ratio 3:1. Three parts liquid to 1 part seeds. Then just add the other ingredients accordingly.
Stir well. I learned that it’s important to stir or shake numerous times before refrigerating overnight to really distribute the chia seeds. First, stir when mixing the chia seeds with milk and then stir again after letting it sit in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Any dairy-free milk of your choice will do. Almond, coconut and oat milk are among my favorites.
Get creative with the toppings. For this one I choose vegan ice cream and cherries but the possibilities are endless. I love adding nuts to my chia pudding like slivered almonds or crushed walnuts to get a great crunch. As in this recipe, fresh fruit is a great addition too. If looking for a low-calorie option, try adding strawberries and blueberries for an extra layer of healthy fiber. Berries have also been shown to be filling.
How to make Chia Pudding
You simply stir everything together and refrigerate until thick. The chia seeds soak up the liquid pretty quickly, but to get the gel-like consistency, you need to give the pudding some time.
I usually add the milk, let it sit for 5-10 minutes and stir to make sure the chia seeds aren’t clumping and then let it sit for an hour. Another great option is to make it and let it sit in the fridge overnight.
The pudding will keep 4-5 days refrigerated, so feel free to make a larger batch and portion into individual jars ahead of time. This way, you can eat your chia pudding on the go.
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 3/4 cup almond milk (or any plant-based milk of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pitted cherries
- 1/2 cup plant-based chocolate ice cream
- In a bowl, mix together milk, cacao powder and maple syrup. Once those are well combined you can add the chia seeds. Stir to mix everything well.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes, stir again and put in the fridge for 30 minutes (preferably overnight). It will be helpful to give the mixture an extra stir once it has been in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, top with the halved pitted cherries and the vegan ice cream. Enjoy!
More Chia Puddings from Simple Green Recipes:
More breakfast ideas from favorite blogs:
Overnight chia seed pudding with star anise cherries from Jamie Oliver