Well hello, Sunday! Hope you lovelies are having a great weekend. Kind of a working Sunday here. Writing recipes and editing pics mainly today for this, my new brand blog.
For those of you who don’t know, Simple Green Recipes is my second food blog, although the first one was just an experiment, I wanted to see what food blogging was like and, as you can see, I got hooked on it 😉 I’m not totally new on the blogosphere, nor am I on social media. Here is the link to my Instagram account I opened around August 2017, if you want to have a look.
And now, let’s talk about the super decadent raw vegan chocolate tartlets I’m bringing you today. I made them for a family gathering and, yes, they were a total success. I doubled the recipe to get six tartlets. The metal tartlet pans I used are quite big, 4.75-inch/12cm diameter each, so I halved the tartlets and I got twelve servings.
As for the time and effort required, these decadent raw vegan chocolate tartlets are an easy and quick treat that you can prep in advance and keep in the fridge until needed.
How to make raw vegan chocolate tartlets
First, start off by processing the tartlets ingredients in a blender until they are all well combined. Scrape down the sides if necessary. I’ve used walnuts for the tart crust, but feel free to replace the walnuts with your nuts of choice.
Then, split crust mixture into three separate tart pans, press the mixture into the trays and form an even base. Next, place in the fridge to chill while you prepare the filling. While the crust is in the fridge, start working on the chocolate filling.
The chocolate filling is essentially a vegan chocolate ganache. Heat the almond milk and pour over the chopped chocolate, wait a bit and then stir until well blended. Divide filling evenly into the bases. Lastly, leave them to set in the fridge for one hour. Serve cold with your choice of berries.
Raw Vegan Chocolate Tartlets
- For the Raw Tartlets:
- 1 + ½ cup dates
- 1 + ½ cup walnuts
- 1 tbsp coconut paste
- For the Chocolate Filling:
- 13 ounces dairy-free semi-sweet chocolate
- ¾ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh berries to top
- Begin by greasing the tartlets pan with coconut oil.
- Blend the dates and walnuts in a food processor, until they are finely chopped. Add the coconut paste, and continue to process until it gathers and sticks together a bit.
- Scoop the crust mixture into the tartlet pans and press into the bottom and sides of each one. Place the tartlets in the fridge to rest while you prepare the filling.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and heat the coconut milk in a small saucepan over medium heat just until it begins to bubble. Remove from heat, pour over the chocolate and stir to melt it. Add the vanilla extract and let cool a bit.
- Take the tartlet pans out of the fridge and spoon the chocolate filling into them. Place the tartlets in the fridge again for about one hour or until the chocolate filling is set.
- Remove the tartlets from the fridge immediately before serving, it will be easier to unmold them. Enjoy!
More vegan tarts from Simple Green Recipes:
More vegan ideas from favorite blogs:
Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake tarts from Vegan Richa