Cake lovers are going to love the fudgy center of this Vegan Flourless Chocolate Cake. If you are one of them, you are just at the right place! Trust me.
If there is one thing I love more than brownies, it’s a good Flourless Chocolate Cake. Dense, chocolatey, not too sweet and full of flavor.
And think about that, why do you need a dozen of ingredients when with just 7 of them you can make the perfect sweet treat for any occasion?
Because this is what homemade food is about, easy-to-find ingredients and no-fuss recipes.
But a good homemade Vegan Flourless Chocolate Cake is hard to come by. It’s either too dry, too sweet, or not flavorful enough. Or all three.
This cake is yet none of those things. It’s moist, decadent and full of chocolate flavor.
And it’s also deliciously easy to make. Did I convince you yet? Are you ready to put this cake on your baking list?
Tips for making this flourless chocolate fudge cake:
For the cake, make sure the the plantbased butter is at room temperature before you make the cake batter. You want your batter to bake evenly, so having all the ingredients at the same temperature is key.
Also, keep in mind that different ovens vary slightly in the time it takes to cook things.
For the whipped cream, select a good quality brand of coconut milk and chill it overnight for best results. Remove the can from the fridge without shaking it or the cream will mix with the coconut water, which will prevent the cream from whipping up.
Without further ado, go enjoy this Vegan Flourless Chocolate Cake with Whipped Cream and Caramel. You won’t regret it!
Vegan Flourless Chocolate Cake with Whipped Cream and Caramel
For the Cake
- 6 ounces plantbased butter softened
- 8 ounces dairy-free dark chocolate chopped
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 3 flaxseed eggs
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ cup hazelnut meal
For the Coconut Whipped Cream and Caramel Frosting
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 5 tbsp store-bought caramel
For the Cake
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9-inch/23cm round cake pan and line the bottom with a circle of parchment paper.
- Combine butter and chocolate in a bowl, place over a sauce pan of simmering water making sure that the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl, to avoid overheating the chocolate. Stir occasionally with a rubber spatula, until uniformly smooth and glossy, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk together flaxseed eggs and sugar until well combined. Add the bananas, cocoa powder and hazelnut meal, then fold in the chocolate.
- Transfer batter to prepared cake pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until cooked through.
- Let cool in pan completely. Then remove, dust with cocoa powder and serve with whipped coconut milk and caramel.
For the Coconut Whipped Cream
- Chill your coconut cream or coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight.
- Just before whipping, refrigerate a medium bowl for 15 minutes.
- Scoop hardened coconut cream into the refrigerated bowl and whip with a hand or stand mixer until light peaks form.
- Add powdered sugar, agave or maple syrup (optional). Whip again for at least 1 or 2 minutes.
- Whipped cream is best served immediately, but can be stored in an air tight container for up to three days.
More vegan desserts from Simple Green Recipes
Useful posts from favorite bloggers:
How to Make Coconut Whipped Cream by the Minimalist Baker