These Peanut Butter Strawberry Toasts are healthy, filling and absolutely mouthwatering. It’s an easy to make breakfast toast recipe. Seriously, so simple. All the textures, from the toasted bread to the fresh and light strawberries, make this toast something special. The best way to start your day!
You may think I’m a bit obsessed with berries. Probably. Aren’t you? Surely, strawberries are one of those things I can’t avoid buying whenever I see them. It’s difficult to resist a perfectly ripe strawberry. Specially once you are aware of its many health benefits. Just to name a few, strawberries are an excellent source of vitamins C and K, manganese and potassium. Oh, and what is best, its fiber keeps you full for longer.
Between the fresh strawberries and the peanut butter I love to add a layer of fruity jam. The combination of salty and sweet is heavenly. So, those peanut butter strawberry toasts are also packed with strawberry jam. Is there a more perfect pairing than peanut butter and jam? The salty nuttiness of the peanut butter is perfectly complimented by the sweetness of the strawberry jam. This is a classic combination that always work.
The bread is also important here. Of course, this combo will work with whatever kind of bread you choose, but a good organic base is always the best place to start. There are a lot of healthy options. A whole grain bread or a nice sourdough bread are great here, they are not super filling that is what we are looking for since the toppings are quite filling themselves. I love sourdough spelt bread and, if you’re looking for a gluten-free option, rye bread is a great choice too.
Want more breakfast toasts recipes?
I have gathered some toast ideas for you bellow, but, needles to say, the pairing options are endless. Peanut butter and almond butter are staples in my house, but another one of my recently fave nut butters is cashew butter. It’s rich, creamy, naturally sweet, and it sure tastes incredible on toast. So, if you feel adventurous, I would recommend you to experiment with other nut butters and see what are your favorite combos. To start with, I propose you the following combinations:
- Sweet Toasts: peanut butter & raspberry jam topped with cherries and raspberries, almond butter &kiwi, peanut butter & banana.
- Savory Toasts: avocado, cherry tomato & vegan cream cheese, toast with garlic and thyme topped with mushroom, roasted Heirloom tomato & vegan pesto, roasted beet arugula & cream cheese.
- Sweet & Savory Toasts: cherry & kiwi toasts on top of a generous layer of vegan cream cheese, peach & cream cheese toast.
Peanut Butter Strawberry Toasts (vegan/gluten-free)
- 2 slices of bread of your choice
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter feel free to add more if you prefer a thicker layer
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 1 cup strawberries cut
- 1 teaspoon slivered almonds
- Cut two slices of bread.
- Toast the bread slices until they are just light golden brown. Do not toast them too dark, I have found that they hold their toppings best.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of peanut butter onto each toast.
- Then, spread one tablespoon of strawberry jam onto each toast.
- Rinse the strawberries with cool water, pat them dry, and use a sharp knife to cut them. Slice two of them and cut in quarters the rest. Top the toasts with the cut strawberries.
- Finally, sprinkle the slivered almonds on the toasts and enjoy!
More vegan toast ideas from Simple Green Recipes:
Cherry & Kiwi Toasts with Vegan Cream Cheese
More toasts ideas from favorite blogs:
Mushrooms on Toast from My New Roots
I really enjoyed this combination! I subbed rhubarb habanero jam for strawberry. I can’t wait to try your other toast ideas.
Hi Lynn, that is great to hear! I am so glad that you loved the recipe! Thank you so much for sharing. Let me know how it turn out if you try other recipes! XO