This Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowl is the quickest option for a healthy and nutritious meal. It is loaded with raw and cooked veggies, delicious quinoa and drizzled with creamy Lemon Tahini Dressing.
I love this bowl for its simplicity, it is so easy to make and very customizable. You can include leafy greens, microgreens, grains and roasted vegetables and fruit. Feel free to roast whatever vegetables you like.
And what about adding nutrient-dense food like nuts, seeds, beans, and plant-based proteins like tofu, tempeh or seitan? There’s no wrong way to make this bowl. In fact, the combinations are endless!
Don’t skip the dressing, it is what really brings it all together. For this bow, I used one of my favorite salad dressings, the Lemon Tahini Sauce.
Oh and the best part of this Vegan and Gluten-free Veggie Bowl is that it can be prepped in advance and eaten all week. I never get tired of this healthy bowl and I think you will love it too! It is an easy meal prep idea for lunch or dinner.
How to make Roasted Vegetable Bowl:
First, rinse and chop the vegetables, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and cook them for about 15 minutes.
While the vegetables are roasting, you can make the quinoa and lemon tahini dressing.
Then, rinse and chop the raw veggies.
Lastly, assemble the bowl placing the different ingredients as you wish.
Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowl
- For the Roasted Vegetables:
- 1 eggplant sliced
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- For the Salad:
- 1 cup soft baby spinach
- 1 cup rocket
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup microgreens
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- For the Lemon Tahini Dressing:
- ½ cup tahini
- ⅔ to ¾ cups water as needed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
For the roasted vegetables:
- Heat oven to 400°, toss veggies in Olive Oil and sprinkle with salt. Place on baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes, or until tender and lightly charred all over. Set aside to cool.
For the salad:
- Place the quinoa and water in a pan. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the water has been absorbed.
- Rinse and chop the baby spinach, rocket and cherry tomatoes. Store separately until ready to use.
For the dressing:
- In a small bowl, whisk together tahini, water, lemon juice, olive oil and salt. If needed, adjust consistency by adding more tahini or water.
- Assemble the bowl placing the different ingredients as you wish.
Looking for more savory ideas from Simple Green Recipes?