Strawberry Parfait, a refreshing dessert or delicious breakfast made of layers of fruit, granola, coconut yogurt and coconut cream. It’s vegan, dairy-free and gluten-free!
Time flies! I know… it’s a cliché but it is so true! I started this blog on May last year and, frankly, time has gone by so quickly since then! Twelve months and sixty posts later, I can’t be happier and more grateful for the warm welcome that my posts and pics have had.
There is a lot of work behind a blog, specially a food blog. That’s why I want to thank everyone that reads and shares my posts. A big thank you, also, to the subscribers that have joined on my food and photography adventure.
What is Strawberry Parfait
As it couldn’t be otherwise, I will start this second year sharing with you this colorful and refreshing Vegan and Gluten-free Strawberry Parfait.
It’s getting hot here and I’m really craving summery desserts. And those are just perfect summer treats, they require no cooking or baking and are ready in less than 20 minutes.
Strawberry parfait, is a cold dessert made of layers of fruit, yogurt, granola, and whipped cream. It’s very versatile as you can omit or change the layers and use whatever fruit or add-ins you have on hand.
How to make Strawberry Parfait
For this parfait, I pureed the strawberries and the mango, but you can just cut the fruit and add it. I prefer fresh fruit, haven’t tried with frozen fruit. Anyway, a layer of semi-frozen fruit would be a great idea, in the pick of the summer.
- Start with a layer of fresh strawberries, cut or pureed, as you wish. Both ways taste delicious and, if you’re looking for a visually attractive parfait, any of the two fruit presentations will be equally appealing. What makes it visually attractive is the color contrast between the fruit and the yogurt.
- Dollop about 3 tablespoons of coconut yogurt. Almond yogurt, Cashew yogurt , Soy yogurt are some other alternatives if you’re not a fan of coconut yogurt.
- Now, add a layer of crunchy granola mixed with cocoa nibs.
- Then, goes the layer of mango.
- And, on top of the mango, I added some more granola mixed with cocoa nibs.
- Finally, top the parfait with 2-3 dollops of whipped coconut cream, and decorate with halved strawberries.
- Parfait is amazing served cold specially in the summer. Let it sit in the fridge for 1-2 hours. Remove from the fridge 15 minutes before serving.
If you liked this recipe don’t forget to Pin and share with your friends!
Did you make this recipe? Tag @simplegreenrecipes on Instagram
More delicious summer desserts from Simple Green Recipes
More vegan treats from favorite blogs
Vegan Tiramisu by It Doesn’t Taste Like Chicken