Strawberry Parfait, a refreshing dessert or delicious breakfast made of layers of fruit, granola, coconut yogurt and coconut cream. It’s vegan, dairy-free and gluten-free!
What is Strawberry Parfait
Strawberry parfait is a cold dessert made of layers of fruit, yogurt, granola, and whipped cream. It’s very versatile as you can omit or change the layers and use whatever fruit or add-ins you have on hand.
It’s getting hot here and I’m really craving summery desserts. And parfaits are just perfect summer treats. They require no cooking or baking and are ready in less than 20 minutes.
How to make Strawberry Parfait
For this parfait, I pureed the strawberries and the mango, but you can just cut the fruit and add it. I prefer fresh fruit, haven’t tried with frozen. Anyway, a layer of semi-frozen fruit would be a great idea, in the pick of the summer.
- Start with a layer of fresh strawberries, cut or pureed, as you wish. Both ways taste delicious.
- Dollop about 3 tablespoons of coconut yogurt. Almond yogurt, cashew yogurt, and soy yogurt are some other alternatives if you’re not a fan of coconut yogurt.
- Now, add a layer of crunchy granola mixed with cocoa nibs.
- Then, goes the layer of mango.
- And, on top of the mango, I added some more granola mixed with cocoa nibs.
- Finally, top the parfait with 2-3 dollops of whipped coconut cream, and decorate with halved strawberries.
- Parfait is amazing served cold, especially in the summer. Let it sit in the fridge for 1-2 hours. Remove from the fridge 15 minutes before serving.
Blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries are also suitable alternatives. Adding some coconut sugar to the berries helps release their juices, which makes the parfait even more delicious.
Bananas and pineapple are excellent for making parfait too. They are naturally sweet, so just perfect if you’re looking for a sugar-free parfait.
Strawberry Parfait (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- 2 cups fresh strawberries chopped or pureed
- ½ cup fresh strawberries halved
- ¾ cup coconut yogurt
- 1 medium mango diced or pureed
- ½ cup granola or dried fruits and seeds for a gluten-free/grain-free option
- 2 tablespoons cocoa nibs or small chocolate chunks
- 1 can coconut cream chilled
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chill the coconut cream in the refrigerator overnight.
- First, add the chopped or smashed strawberries.
- Add 3 tablespoons of coconut yogurt.
- Next, mix the granola and the cocoa nibs (or chocolate chunks), and add 2 tablespoons on top of the yogurt.
- Then, goes the layer of mango.
- On top of the mango, add another 1-2 tablespoons of the granola and chocolate mix.
- Then, remove the coconut cream form the fridge, open the can and place the hardened cream in a chilled bowl. With a hand mixer, beat the coconut cream until light and fluffy. Add the sugar and beat until well combined.
- Top the parfait with 2 tablespoons of the whipped coconut cream, and decorate with halved strawberries.
- Parfait is amazing served cold specially in the summer. Let it sit in the fridge for 1-2 hours. Remove from the fridge 15 minutes before serving.
If you try this recipe don’t forget to rate it and let me know how it went in the comments below! You can also FOLLOW ME on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram to see more delicious food and what I’m getting up to.
More delicious summer desserts from Simple Green Recipes
Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches
Vegan Raspberry Coconut Ice Cream
This is so pretty and so easy to assemble. I love the idea of using strawberry puree at the bottom. Makes it easier to scoop everything in one spoon.
Hi Sandhya, yes, that’s the idea. Although I just slice them sometimes, the parfait is delicious both ways. Thanks for commenting!
Amy Liu Dong
I love this recipe, it is so easy and delicious! Perfect summer dessert to make!
Hi Amy, I appreciate your support and feedback! Hope you get a chance to try it out.
This beautiful strawberry parfait was our breakfast treat this morning. But, it’s definitely a fabulous dessert option too! Will be making it again (more than once!).
Jacqueline, I’m super glad to hear that you loved it! Thank you for letting me know.
Enriqueta E Lemoine
I love this type of parfait for dessert, as a snack, and for breakfast. Your presentation’s so appealing to the eyes. Thanks for the inspiration.
Hi Enriqueta, I hope you get a chance to try it! Thanks for commenting!
This parfait is such a great-looking treat for everyone to love and enjoy! Definitely looks so delicious and very enticing! I also love the presentation! Plus it’s vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free!
Thank you Jamie, it really ticks all the boxes!
Delicious parfait recipe. I add some chia seeds to the yogurt and a small amount of sunflower seeds to give it some crunch a little nutrition boost. Very good recipe.
I’m so glad to hear that you could make this recipe work for you Kristina! Happy that you loved it!!!
My husband makes this parfait for my daughter as their “daddy daughter” cooking every weekend. He adds chopped walnuts too and they both think it’s heaven on earth.
Hi, Isabelle! Thank you so much for your sweet review. So happy to hear your family loved it!
Lauren Michael Harris
This strawberry parfait recipe was downright delicious! I will definitely be making this one all summer long!
Hi Lucy. I’m so glad you loved this parfait! Thanks for your feedback! That makes my day!
I made this strawberry parfait to eat for breakfast this week because I’m trying to cut down on my carb intake. It was so filling and tasty that I think this will be a go-to for me. I’ll just swap the berries to make it new every week.
Hi Marta. I’m so glad you are loving my strawberry parfait! I often have it for breakfast or snack when strawberries are in season.