These Vegan Funfetti Cookies are soft, chewy and super easy to make! They are made from scratch, using just one bowl, a few basic ingredients and lots of sprinkles. And the best part is that these sprinkle cookies are ready in under 25 minutes!
WHY MAKE THIS RECIPE
Easy and quick recipe. You’ll love this recipe for its simplicity. Follow the step-by-step photos and instructions above and you’ll get perfect vegan funfetti cookies every time you make them.
One bowl and a few basic ingredients is all you need. Some basic ingredients that I’m sure you will have on hand, a bowl and a spoon is all this recipe calls for.
It’s a 25-minute recipe. This is a simple recipe that goes together in under 25 minutes. It’s prepared in less than 10 minutes and baked in around 12 minutes. That’s all.
No dough chilling. No chilling required which means you can mix the dough and have your first batch in the oven in no time.
INGREDIENTS NOTES AND SUBSTITUTIONS
Vegan butter. I normally use Earth Balance. Make these vegan funfetti cookies with your favourite vegan butter. If they don’t keep the shape when scooping the first one, add 1-2 tablespoons of extra flour.
Agave syrup. If you’re not a fan of agave syrup, you can substitute it for maple syrup or rice syrup.
Apple sauce. Mashed bananas can be used as a substitute for applesauce if you don’t have it on hand. The consistency of mashed bananas is thicker, so use less banana and add a little bit of water. You can use either Homemade Applesauce or store-bought.
Sprinkles. I used my Homemade Sprinkles, but feel free to use any sprinkles you like.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF / 180ºC. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a bowl, beat butter and sugar until soft.
- Add the vanilla, apple juice, agave syrup and sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk together until combined.
- Fold in the sprinkles.
- With a cookie scoop, scoop the dough into balls.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until just set on the edges, but still underdone in the centre. Allow the vegan funfetti cookies to cool on the baking sheet.
It depends on the brand. In general, sprinkles don’t melt but tend to slightly bleed into the dough. That’s why if you would like to make the dough in advance, don’t add the sprinkles until you’re ready to make the cookies.
In my recipe for Homemade Sprinkles, you’ll learn all you need to know to make your own beautiful sprinkles, using your favourite colors.
I do both. I add sprinkles to the batter and I also coat the cookie balls with sprinkles. They look so festive that way!
Basically, sprinkles are made of powdered sugar, golden syrup, water and food coloring.
If you try this recipe don’t forget to rate it and let me know how it went in the comments below! You can also FOLLOW ME on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram to see more delicious food and what I’m getting up to.
Vegan Funfetti Cookies
- Large mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon or spatula
- Cookie scoop (scoop diameter: 2 inch /5 cm)
- ¾ cup + 1 tablespoon vegan butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup applesauce
- ¼ cup agave syrup, or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF / 180ºC. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, don’t grease it. You can also use a silicone baking mat to line the baking sheet.
- In a bowl, whisk together the butter and sugar until soft and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla, apple juice, agave syrup and mix until almost combined. Scrape down the bowl.
- Then, sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until no streaks of flour remain. Scrape down the bowl again.
- Fold in the sprinkles. If using an electric mixer, mix on low.
- With a cookie scoop, scoop the dough into balls and top with some more sprinkles. Place 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes, until just set on the edges but still underdone in the centre.
- Allow the funfetti cookies to cool on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!